Lake Placid, FL Selamta Family 5K | Oct. 15, 2016
Saturday, October 15
Registration: 7 a.m. | 5K Start: 8 a.m.
Devane Park, Lake Placid, FL
Selamta Family 5K 2016 is About #Realize5
Learn more about our #Realize5 theme on our blog!
Selamta Family Project develops forever families and bright futures for orphaned children, marginalized women and at-risk families in Ethiopia.
How to Participate
Guess what? You're not running a 5K! You're helping us raise $5K (that's $5000). Best 5K ever, right???
Register for our event then share your online fundraising page with everyone you know.
Come to the circle Saturday, October 15th - check in starts at 7am. Pick-up your super cool Selamta Family 5K t-shirt.
At 8am we will walk a lap around the circle...it's almost like a regular 5K, minus the running and distance.
There will be Ethiopian coffee, snacks and cool Ethiopian goodies for you to check out or take home.
Plus, you'll learn more about our amazing Selamta Families and how YOU are a part of the solution for over 5 million orphaned and abandoned children.
- Start fundraising! Reach out to friends and family in person, over the phone, by text or email and share why you're passionate about supporting Selamta Family Project.
- Share on social. Invite others to join you for the Selamta Family 5K on October 8-9!
- Share this graphic!
Win a Free Flight to Ethiopia
For every $1,000 you raise for Selamta Family Project, you'll earn a raffle ticket to win a free flight from Ethiopian Airlines to volunteer with us next year! $1,000 = 1 raffle ticket, $2,000 = 2 raffle tickets, and so on.
Selamta Achievements In 2016
- We're adding a new family to our Outreach Program each month
- 11 students have graduated from high school this year
- 5 students will continue their university education this fall
- 2 Selamta youth graduated from college in July
- 4 Selamta youth launched from our financial support into independence